Barcamp Open Science & Open Science Conference
The registration for our Barcamp Open Science and Open Science Conference is now open. Both events take place completely virtually.
Get tickets here: https://www.open-science-conference.eu
Barcamp Open Science // 16 February 2021 // #oscibar
The Barcamp Open Science as pre-event of the Open Science Conference is open to everybody interested in discussing, learning more about, and sharing experiences on practices in Open Science. We would like to invite researchers and practitioners from various backgrounds to contribute their experience and ideas to the discussion. The Barcamp will bring together both novices and experts and its open format supports lively discussions, interesting presentations, development of new ideas, and knowledge exchange. Though, previous knowledge on Open Science is not mandatory. The Barcamp is open to all topics around Open Science that the participants like to discuss.
Open Science Conference // 17-19 February 2021 // #osc2021
The Open Science Conference 2021 is the 8th international conference of the Leibniz Research Alliance Open Science. The annual conference is dedicated to the Open Science movement and provides a unique forum for researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other important stakeholders to discuss the latest and future developments in Open Science.
This year’s conference will especially focus on the effects and impact of (global) crises and associated societal challenges, such as the Corona pandemic or the climate change, to open research practices and science communication in the context of the digitisation of science. And vice versa, how open practices help to cope with crises. You can look forward to the following speakers:
- Dr Danielle Cooper, Ithaka S+R (USA)
- Hilary Hanahoe, Research Data Alliance (Italy/UK)
- Dr Céline Heinl, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) (Germany)
- Marte Sybil Kessler, Stifterverband (Germany)
- Dr Alina Loth, Berlin School of Public Engagement and Open Science / Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
- Vanessa Proudman, SPARC Europe (Netherlands)
- Clifford Tatum, Leiden University (Netherlands)
- Leonhard Volz, Journal of European Psychology Students / University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Dr Lilly Winfree, Open Knowledge Foundation (USA/UK)