The gates of the International Science 2.0 Conference will open for the first time on 26 and 27 March 2014. Scientist from various disciplines, such as social sciences, humanities, life sciences, media science and communication science, will meet in Hamburg with practitioners from academic libraries to explore the following issues: How does the internet change the everyday working practices of researchers? What are the consequences of changing research and publishing habits for scientific infrastructures?
The Welcoming Speech will be given by Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission.
These internationally renowned experts have agreed to give talks on Science 2.0:
- Carl-Christian Buhr, European Commission, Cabinet of Vice-President Neelie Kroes
- Professor Michael Granitzer, Media Computer Science (MiCS), University of Passau, Germany
- Professor Denis Helic, Institute for Knowledge Management (KMI), Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Professor Isa Jahnke, Interactive Media and Learning, Umeå University, Sweden
- René König, Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis (ITAS), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) Germany
- Professor David Nicholas, CIBER Research Ltd., UK
- Celina Ramjoué, Head of Sector “Open Access to Scientific Publications and Data”, European Commission
- Dr Marco Pistore, Foundation Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy
- Professor Ursula Schulz, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Dr Urs Schoepflin, Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Germany
- Professor Ralph Schröder, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK
- Professor Paweł Szczęsny, Department of Bioinformatics, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Beside the talks, members of the Leibniz Library Network Goportis and the Leibniz Research Alliance Science 2.0 will present and discuss their research findings in interactive sessions.
About the conference:
Date: 26 – 27 March 2014 in Hamburg / Empire Riverside Hotel
Conference Spot: http://youtu.be/E1k1mx5szp0
Organizer: Leibniz-Rewsearch Alliance Science 2.0 and Leibniz Library Network Goportis
We are looking foreward to welcoming you at the first International Science 2.0 Conference!