Usage profiles of Social Media services among the target groups of the three German National Libraries TIB, ZB MED and ZBW – Goportis – Leibniz Library Network for Research Information
In January 2015, an online survey was conducted among scientists belonging to the target groups of the three Goportis libraries. The intention of the online survey was to differentiate the findings of 2013 (see project “Usage of Social Media services among the target groups of the German National Libraries TIB, ZB MED and ZBW (Goportis)”) and to learn in greater detail how scientists actually use Social Media services in their daily work routines, and how these web-based tools shape and change the professional world of scientists.
Based on the results of the 2013 and 2015 surveys, temporal transition processes regarding the usage of Social Media services can be observed. In contrast to the 2013 study, the present survey exclusively analyses the professional usage of Social Media services.
- German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB)
- ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
- ZB MED – Leibniz Information Centre for Life Sciences
- Report: Usage of Social Media services in science, September 2015 (German)
- Handout: Usage of Social Media services in science, October 2015 (German)